Safety & Emergency

Emergency contacts

Where to go and what to do in case of illness or emergency?

Where to go?

If possible, always consult a GP with any health problems. You should only go to the Accident and Emergency Department (EHBO) in a hospital in the case of severe illness and /or injury. Your medical insurance will not reimburse the high costs of a consultation in the Accident and Emergency department if the visit is for an illness which could be handled by a GP or by the Centrale Huisartsenpost. There is an EHBO in all hospitals.

In case of serious accidents or sudden illness requiring immediate attention, call the general emergency number: 112

General Practitioners
If you need medical care during your stay in Tilburg, you can contact a general practitioner(huisarts). In the city center you will find two genral pracititioners (GP’s) recommended by Tilburg University:

Huisartsenpraktijken Conservatoriumlaan
Conservatoriumlaan 60
5037 DT Tilburg
M.H. Hekking +3113-4681353
G.J.C.M. Wijffels S.A.M. Wijffels +3113-4670784
K.I. Mees: +3113-4686868

Hilbink (GP) (by appointment only)
St. Annaplein 4
5038 TV Tilburg

Centrale Huisartsenpost Midden-Brabant
If you need medical care during the evening or at the weekend, you should visit:
Lage Witsiebaan 2a
5042 DA Tilburg
tel administratie: +3113-5942124

St. Elisabeth Ziekenhuis
Hilvarenbeekseweg 60
5022GC Tilburg

Twee Steden Ziekenhuis
Dr. Deelenlaan 5
5042 AD Tilburg

If you need to go to a dentist, every week(end) one dentist in the Tilburg area has an emergency week. Just explain that you are an exchange student and they need to help you. Call +319009990909!